Healthcare organisations are asking more and more from their leaders and managers in order to be able to meet the demands of an increasingly complex healthcare context. The MBA in Leadership and Management in Healthcare has been designed for experienced managers and leaders working in the field of health within the public, private and independent sectors in the UK and abroad.
20% Alumni discount
UK and EU Christ Church alumni are eligible for a 20% discount on self-funded Postgraduate Taught Masters and Masters by Research.
Canterbury Christ Church University has an established reputation as a provider of choice for both bespoke and prevalidated management and leadership programmes. We design courses that add value in the workplace by tailoring them to meet client needs within their context.
The MBA in Leadership and Management in Healthcare engages participants through experiential and practical learning, reinforced by theoretical models and real scenarios. We work with participants to transfer learning back into the workplace through personal development plans, project work and enable the application of meaningful action plans to follow up the course.
In short, we design these courses to meet the real and important needs of current Health organisations with the aim of almost immediate payback on their investment in their people.
The MBA is delivered through a partnership between the Business School and the Faculty of Health and Wellbeing. Staff from the Business School combine excellence in their academic disciplines with considerable business experience and active research in both the public and private sectors. The Faculty of Health and Wellbeing is a leading provider of health education in Kent with a particular focus on interprofessional teaching, learning and research. It offers a forward thinking, innovative and flexible approach to teaching, learning and research. Each year, over 3,000 students join the faculty's thriving and supportive community to participate in courses and research that impact on regional, national and international health and social care services.
Our experience and expertise in education for the health and social care sector puts us among the leading universities in the south east of England, and we are proud to work in partnership with NHS Trusts, the Strategic Health Authority, social work agencies, private health and social care providers, and charitable organisations.
What is distinctive about this course?
In an increasingly competitive global environment, this MBA provides health care managers, leaders and senior practitioners with an opportunity to develop their organisational, business and management skills to enhance their self-awareness and interprofessional skills. The pathway will address healthcare issues from global, interprofessional, multidisciplinary, business oriented and person centered perspectives.
You will be able to access:
- the attention and focus on the global changes and challenges within the health sector environment and the changing nature of the care contexts e.g. economic, ageing population, changes in family structures and the impact on professional identities
- the teaching and skilled facilitation offered by a programme team with a long history working with health care practitioners and managers from a variety of contexts in both health and social care
- the opportunity to work with leaders and managers in preparation for the current and future challenges
- the credibility and reputation of the interprofessional learning and teaching communities which provide opportunities for networking and knowledge exchange
- the opportunity to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds to develop a community of practice that we will encourage to continue beyond the end of the MBA
- residential weekends for intensive group study and masterclasses with leading practitioners and scholars.