Registering with your GP

If you are moving to University away from home you should register with a GP Practice close to where you live as soon as possible. 

If, like most students, you spend more weeks of the year at your university address than your family’s address, you need to register with a GP near to you as soon as possible.

Find your local GP service

If you need regular prescription items, consider registering for the electronic repeat dispensing service (eRD) as you will be able to pick up from any pharmacy you nominate which can be easily changed if you are at home or at university when you need a further supply.

Also remember to register with a local dentist.  

Find local NHS dentists.

Further health advice for students.

If you have any concerns about your health you can always talk to our Student Support and Wellbeing Advisers.


Connect with us

Last edited: 01/07/2019 10:30:00