LibrarySearch can be used to search for items across all our campus libraries. You can use it to see which of our libraries hold copies of the items you are interested in.
Reservations are made by logging into LibrarySearch. After logging in, you will always see a “Place Reservation” button alongside the item details but you can only place a reservation if there are no copies currently available at your home library.
Reservations can be placed:
- If all the copies of the item are out on loan at your home library.
- If the copy is only held at another campus library and not at your home library. It can then be reserved and sent to your chosen pick up library.
- Place reservations on 4-week and 7-day items.
- Request a maximum of 20 items at a time.
- Check your reservations by logging into your LibrarySearch account. To cancel any reservations that are no longer required go in to the “holds” tab, check the relevant item and press the “Cancel Hold(s)” button.
Notification and collection:
- Notification is sent to your university e-mail address when an item is ready for collection.
- The item will be held for one week for you to collect.
- Items are collected from your campus libraries reservations pick-up point. At Augustine House this is located next to the self-service returns point.
- Your items will be indicated by a paper slip with your surname and last five digits of your student card number.
If you are unable to place a reservation on an item please contact us for assistance.