Getting Involved

The University and the Students’ Union offer lots of exciting opportunities that you can get involved in alongside your programme.

These include studying abroad, joining clubs and societies, volunteering and part-time work, It’s a great way to gain new experiences and skills, meet new people, build your CV and make the most of your time at Christ Church

Students’ Union

The easiest way to make friends and get involved at University is to have something in common, whether that’s musical taste, sharing a faith, a mutual love of art, or just a way of life. The Students’ Union offer a range of clubs and societies to get involved in so look out for the Freshers’ Fayre. And if you cannot find something of interest the Students’ Union will help you set up your own society.

The Sports Federation offers over 40 different sports ranging from more traditional activities such as Rugby, Football, Hockey and Netball right through to American Football, Snowsports and Equestrian. This gives you the chance to continue a sport you're already involved in, or try something completely new.


Whether you volunteer regularly or just get involved in one –off events giving up your time can make a huge difference – not only to the communities you study in , but also to you as a person.

Whatever your interest, locations or time commitment there is a volunteering opportunity to suit you.

The Volunteering Team can help you find the volunteering opportunity you are looking for by emailing


Connect with us

Last edited: 28/08/2018 09:23:00