We know that choosing where you're going to live is one of the biggest decisions you'll make before starting university. This is why we're offering an accommodation guarantee, subject to terms and conditions, to students offered a place through Clearing — that's one less thing to worry about and one more reason to join us.
Our guarantee for Clearing applicants
If you apply for a course through Clearing at either our Canterbury or Broadstairs campuses, and are made an offer (or accept an interview invite between 17 to 19 August), you will be guaranteed a place in our student accommodation providing you adhere to the following terms and conditions:
- you refer yourself via UCAS Track by Monday 21 August, or 2 days after your interview AND
- submit your online application to us for accommodation by 25 August, or within 4 days of your interview. You will be able to apply within 24 hours of your UCAS status changing to UF (Unconditional Firm).
How to apply for university accommodation
- You can only make an application when you have accepted a course offer through Clearing.
- Accommodation is allocated in order of when you applied for it.
- You’ll need to confirm your place quickly in order to apply for a room and to get the best choice available.
If you are applying for a course at Medway, please also apply online and we will contact the private provider to see what rooms they have available, or assist you in finding a room in the private sector.
We have both en-suite bedrooms and bedrooms where you share a bathroom with other students. It may be that we offer you a room with the shared bathroom, but en-suites do become available.
We advise that you accept the offer and contact us nearer the time to see if a room change is possible or to be added to a waiting list for an en-suite room.
Visit our accommodation pages to view the accommodation available.
We will also have a sample Show Room available to view at the Clearing open day.
Yes please apply online. Occasionally we still get a couple of applicants through in late September, and may still be able to help you with a room.
Reasons to choose university accommodation
- You'll be living with other first year students. It is the perfect opportunity for you to make new friends.
- It is really safe and secure. Your new home will feature 24 hour security, on-site or a short call away, and you can keep in contact with our security team using our free SafeZone app. During the first few weeks of term we run a mini-bus service, which loops between the city centre and student accommodation, throughout the night. There are Street Marshals to keep an eye out for you, and we can even give you a free pair of flip-flops to make it easier to walk home!
- You won't have to worry about bills. Free contents insurance, free Wi-Fi and all your utility bills are included in the rent.
- Wi-Fi in all accommodation. Free Wi-Fi means you'll be able to keep up-to-date with university events and your new friends, as well as staying connected with your family and friends back home.
View our university accommodation on offer.
How to accept your accommodation offer
It takes us 1 to 2 days to process the application and make a room allocation. You will then receive your accommodation offer by email and you will need to confirm your room acceptance by the deadline shown, usually a couple of days.
To secure your accommodation you will need to:
- Accept your offer online and the accommodation licence (contract) through the Accommodation portal before the deadline date given
- Pay the £250 pre-payment fee online during the acceptance process
If you apply after 25 August, we'll do our best to find you accommodation in University-owned or approved properties. We will process these applications in the order that we receive them and we will offer a place in University managed accommodation if rooms are still available.
If for any reason we have no rooms available, we will add you to our waiting-list, and assist you in finding rooms via the approved off-campus private accommodation Home Stamp, and ask one of our staff to visit it first if you can’t make it there yourself.
Need more advice?
We're more than happy to chat to you about our accommodation options:
Call: 01227 782222. You'll be put through to our enquiry team, the i-zone, who will be happy to help.