Opportunities for paid experience within CCCU or within Kent can be sourced via Unitemps.
- Internships – An internship is a fixed-term work experience opportunity offered by a company/organisation to potential employees, usually undergraduate students and can last from one week to 12 months.
- Work Placements – Similar to internships, however, a work placement is often available within your course, to enhance your studies whilst providing valuable experience, skills and networks.
- Seasonal Work - This can be extremely useful for students, as you can fit useful work experience into your vacation time. Examples include International Summer Schools, Christmas retail work, parcel delivery, hotel and conference work to name a few.
- Part-time work - If you are looking for part-time work whilst you study, sign up to Unitemps, the University’s recruitment solution for CCCU students, graduates and members of our local community. We advertise these to you via our social media channels on Facebook and Twitter, so make sure you follow us!
Other Unpaid Experience
The Career Development service can help you source appropriate work experience to suit your location, availability and interest. Please make an appointment via firstname.lastname@example.org with a contact telephone number, or simply call 01227 922444.
Work Experience Fund
Would you benefit from a Work Experience Fund (WEF)?
Are you looking for work experience, but finding it financially difficult to take up the opportunity you really want? Then you may be eligible to benefit from the Work Experience Fund!
The Career Development Service has a limited fund of up to £200 per student which is open to undergraduate students who meet the criteria shown within the WEF Terms and Conditions. We want to help you with the costs of undertaking career related work experience. This might be unpaid, or a low paid role or where there are additional travel costs associated with taking up the opportunity other than the usual cost of travel to University.
These funds can only be used to cover related travel costs incurred as a result of undertaking your work experience.
How to apply?
1. Before completing the application form ensure that you have downloaded, read and understood the Work Experience Fund – Terms and Conditions. This document outlines your responsibilities should you be awarded the funds. You should also read through the frequently asked questions.
2. You must then submit a completed Work Experience Fund - Application Form and provide proof of the work experience opportunity that you will be undertaking. Include as much detail as possible in your application. All applications will be considered on an individual basis based on the information you provide in the application form.
3. All completed applications should be sent to email@example.com with the following in the subject line 'Work Experience Fund application'. We will then acknowledge receipt within three working days and aim to get back to you with a decision within seven working days.