Sport Scholarship Scheme
The University offers Elite and Performance Sport Scholarships, ranging from £400 to £1500 per annum to sports people in any sport.
The University’s Sports Scholarship Committee will review all applications and those students that are awarded a Sports Scholarship will be expected to represent the University throughout the duration of their studies as a 3 year undergraduate student.
What will a Sports Scholarship offer me?
- Financial award from University and sports club partner, this will be provided in stages throughout the year.
- The University Sports Centre will be available for general fitness training to complement their formal training & development.
- Student support to assist with balancing academic workload and training requirements.
- Media promotions of achievements.
The Sport Scholar Review Group will consider all applications and will advise via mail confirming whether your application has been successful or not.
Can I apply to be a Sports Scholar?
Applications can be made by prospective undergraduate degree students who have demonstrated significant sporting talent.Following registration at the University, the performance levels of prospective applicants will be assessed by either an internal or external performance coach or a qualified representative of the University. Once confirmed, Scholarship awards will be granted.
View the Sport Scholarship online application form
Sports Scholarship requirements
As a general rule, Sports Scholarship applicants would need to fit specific criteria as detailed below, although there is no guarantee that you will be selected even if you meet all of the requirements.
- A minimum requirement is representation at County level or equivalent
- You must satisfy the normal University entry requirements and be registered on an undergraduate degree programme
- Sports Scholars must make satisfactory progress within their academic studies
- References will be required to be uploaded as part of the application process
Apply for a Sports Scholarship